This post contains affiliate links for the support of this blog.
If you haven’t heard yet from my Instagram post… we are expecting #5 due around Christmas! I am so excited about this and I am also already feeling hot all the time… it’s not even summer yet! I’ve been craving ice cream, but I am avoiding added sugars. That’s where these Frozen Chocolate Whips were born. I wondered if I could just whip up some chocolate whipped cream and freeze it for an “ice cream-esque” treat. I have to say that I think these are even better than ice cream. They are so light and creamy!
I think they are perfect when they sit out for a few minutes before biting in (if I can wait)! They become soft and yet they have that frozen/icy bite to them.
These will really hit the spot all summer long!
Frozen Chocolate Whips! (Low Carb THM S)
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 4 Tbsp . of Cocoa Powder [use 3 Tbsp. for a more milk chocolate flavor] affiliate link
- 2 1/2 Tbsp . Swerve Sweetener [these can also be made with sugar or other sweeteners affiliate link, but you may need to adjust the amounts]
- 1/2 tsp . vanilla extract affiliate link
- 1 pinch of sea salt affiliate link
- Put all ingredients into a large mixing bowl and beat on high with the whip attachment until the whipped cream has firm peaks. Transfer the chocolate whipped cream to a piping bag fitted with a 1M piping tip. On a parchment lined baking sheet swirl the whipped cream around into large mounds like soft serve ice cream. Make around 12 or so and freeze on the baking sheet for at least 1 hour. They will be set at this point and you can eat them or transfer them to a freezer safe plastic tub for easy eating later (affiliate links).
- If you are wondering each frozen chocolate whip has around 70 calories and 7-8 grams of fat... and 1.5 net carbs!
Now I need to experiment with other flavors! Which flavors do you suggest?