This has to be one of the cutest cakes I have ever made! I love all the bright colors and vintage Soda Shoppe feel to it! Plus it’s also super easy to make! I made the cake with peach soda instead of the water called for in the cake mix which added a subtle pop flavor. My girls loved having this Soda Pop Cake at their birthday party! The hardest part was getting the cake iced… the rest was a piece of cake (pun intended! haha)!
- Make an 8 inch layer cake and add icing and swirls on top for the bottle caps. (I replaced the water with soda pop in my white cake mix- this is optional, but adds to the theme)
- You will need several bottle caps
- Nik L Nips or similar wax pop bottle candies
- 1 bag each of peanut butter m&m's, regular m&m's and mini m&m's
- Position the Nik L Nips on top. I used toothpicks inserted into the wax on the bottom to hold them up- just be sure not to poke through to the liquid.
- Stick the bottle caps into the swirls on top and make a "fizzy" look with the m&m's by placing the peanut butter m&m's on the bottom of each fizz column first, then the regular m&m's and the two on top are mni m&m's. Repeat the same pattern all the way around for a uniform look. So easy and fun!
Thanks for stopping by!