Hot Cocoa Mix Ornaments are so easy and frugal that you can make them for everyone on your Christmas list!
There are many hot cocoa varieties to choose from or you can make your own mix. In addition to the hot chocolate is the ornament that can be used again and again. Hot Cocoa Ornaments are basically two gifts in one!
This Hot Cocoa Mix Ornaments tutorial has affiliate links which support this site.
Sometimes it can be hard to find the perfect Christmas gift to pass out for co-workers, teachers, and neighbors etc. I just love simple homemade Christmas gifts like these Hot Cocoa Mix Ornaments. These are such a cute way to give everyone on your Christmas list a handmade item this Christmas season.
Grab the FREE printable Hot Cocoa Mix gift tags with directions below when you sign up for emails!
I decided that I wanted to make several varieties. Not everyone I know loves chocolate so there is the wonderful white chocolate version too! The options are endless and there is so much room for creativity!
Moreover there are many ways to gift wrap the ornament. I like to wrap them together with a mug, candy canes and a dipped spoon!
Hot cocoa on a winter day is so comforting!
I also like including a mug and a chocolate dipped spoon or candy cane!
Here are some Christmas mugs I love:
I used clear plastic “craft” ornaments from Walmart. I checked into these ornaments and they say that you can put candy in them so they should be okay for Hot Cocoa Mix, but do your own research.
Find the Disk Ornaments here! (affiliate link)
These are 3.15 inches and have a 1/2 inch opening. Sometimes you can also find these in the craft sections at Walmart and Hobby Lobby. Just make sure they are disk shaped and not round so that you don’t need as much mix to fill them. If all you can find is the round shaped ornaments then use a smaller size like 2 1/2 inches instead of 3.
Get the FREE Hot Cocoa Ornaments Gift Tags by signing up to be a FREE VIP subscriber!
You’ll be sent a download link as soon as you confirm your subscription (be sure to check your email after subscribing). Current subscribers can always sign up again for the link!
Hot Cocoa Mix Ornaments
- 1 single serving package instant hot chocolate mix in the flavor of your choice... all of the varieties I used are pre-made from various brands. Here you can get Swiss Miss Brand
- chocolate chips or white chocolate chips, peppermint chips, etc. - affiliate link
- Jet Puffed Mallow Bits Kraft Brand - usually can be found by hot chocolate mixes
- tag or note on how to make the hot chocolate (see the post on how to sign up for the printable) note should say: mix with 8 oz. hot water
- mugs are optional
- First start with a clean ornament and take the top off. Fill each ingredient into the ornament using a funnel. Start with the hot cocoa mix, sprinkles, chocolates and lastly the mallow bits. Put top back on. You will need to deliver these standing upright or wrap the top with plastic wrap to keep contents inside. It's ready to go. Just gift it alone or with the other items recommended! Easy and fun!
Monday 12th of December 2022
Very cute. Can you take this on airplane?
Thursday 8th of December 2022
Can we still get the free download for the tags? I have subscribed and can't find an email
Tuesday 8th of November 2022
I did these one year as a "mass present" for my coworkers and they were a big hit! What a fun and useful idea!
Sunday 6th of November 2022
Where did the Soup Mix ornaments come from, with a screw on top?
Saturday 29th of October 2022
Can’t wait to make this