This delicious Spinach and Grapefruit Salad with Grapefruit Vinaigrette is a sponsored campaign on behalf of Sweet Scarletts and Millennial Blogs. As always, all opinions are my own.
Spring is here and I think I am starting to get out of the winter fog I always find myself in. I’ve been getting out to walk more and have loved being in the fresh air. I’ve also been craving lighter eats like fresh fruits and salads more often. One of the fruits I love the most is grapefruit. Between myself and the rest of the family, we have nearly eaten 2 full bags of Sweet Scarletts Texas Red Grapefruit this past month! There’s just something special about biting into sweet grapefruit and this recipe for Spinach and Grapefruit Salad with Grapefruit Vinaigrette is my new favorite recipe with grapefruits.
Sweet Scarletts Texas Red Grapefruits are always sweet and fragrant. They are great to have as a snack or with any meal of the day. I usually just cut them in half and dig right in, but I have to admit that I’m really loving them in this salad recipe too.
I can’t say enough about this Grapefruit Vinaigrette. I had never thought to use grapefruit for a vinaigrette dressing, but this one is so amazing!
Spinach and Grapefruit Salad with Grapefruit Vinaigrette
- For the salad:
- 1 8 oz . bag of fresh spinach or baby spinach
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup roasted and chopped pecans
- 2 Sweet Scarlett's Texas Red Grapefruits peeled deseeded and cut into segments
- For the Grapefruit Vinaigrette:
- 1 1/2 cups fresh squeezed Sweet Scarlett's Texas Red Grapefruit the juice of around 1 1/2 grapefruits
- 2 Tbsp . Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp . Salad Vinegar or Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp . salt
- 1 Tbsp . honey
- Either combine all salad ingredients in a large bowl or portion each ingredient onto 4-6 plates.
- For the Grapefruit Vinaigrette: Mix everything together until thoroughly combined. Shake or stir before pouring dressing onto the salad because the contents will separate.
Make a recipe or eat them alone… you can’t go wrong!