Over the course of my life I had had my fair share of insomnia. Lately it’s mainly due to a baby that wakes up all night long, but in the past it was because of simple things I overlooked. There are so many factors that contribute to a good night’s sleep: bedroom environment, partner’s sleeping habits, mattress, etc. and I was pretty much ignoring all of them. Then I found a Serta mattress which addressed most of the problems I was having and also changed up my bedroom! Here are the 5 Ways to Make Your Bedroom More Comfortable.
- Decorate with cooler colors. I decorated my bedroom recently and made sure to include plenty of blue hues for the color scheme. Blues, grays and cooler colors are all great choices for a calmer bedroom.
- Organize the space. This is one that I really have to keep on top of, but when I make sure that my bedroom is clean and free of clutter it really helps!
3. Find a mattress that addresses the 5 common sleeping problems. Those problems are tossing/turning, lack of support, back pain, sleeping hot, partner movement and sagging/rolling off. We have the Serta Perfect Sleeper which has helped us get the best sleep.
4. Keep the bedroom cool. It’s hard to get a good night’s sleep if you are sweating!
5. Lights off and that means the electronics too! Any light will give your body and brain the signal to stay awake… so turn all the lights off!
Lastly… if you are interested in a better sleep… be sure to enter into the Serta ComfortSutra contest where you could win amazing Serta prizes. In partnership with comedian Loni Love, Serta is launching ComfortSutra, which will serve as the guide to comfort. Just take a selfie on a Serta mattress at a local Serta retailer and submit it to Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. Tag your selfie with #ComfortSutra and #Entry from August 26th to September 6th and share your favorite way to be comfortable to be entered. One lucky winner will be awarded “Comfort for Life” in the form of a complete bedroom makeover and a new Serta mattress every 5-7 years.
Daily comfort prizes include:
Serta pet beds
I can’t wait to see your selfie! Here is my selfie on my Serta Perfect Sleeper! 🙂
Thanks for stopping by!