Thank you to Kimberly-Clark for sponsoring today’s post and inspiring me and my little one to#TrainTogether!
Boy does time sure fly when you are having babies! I can’t believe that my 4th baby boy is now a toddler and learning how to use the potty. Seems like yesterday that we were walking out of the hospital after I had him. This is the first time that we have potty trained a boy and it’s going a little differently than it did with my girls. It’s been a learning experience for the both of us. I actually think that he has shown more interest from early on than my girls did, but reverted a bit once the baby was born in December. We are now trying to get back on track with the potty training and I am trying new ways to make it extra fun for him. One of those ways is getting him involved with shopping for his potty training back pack! This back pack goes wherever we go and he really feels more like a big kid with a back pack instead of a diaper bag. Since we have been using a back pack, I’ve noticed that he tells us more often when he needs to go or has already gone. I am so proud of the way that he is starting to connect the dots!
Here is a list of helpful items that we like to keep in our back pack:
- Pull-Ups® Training Pants: With new leg fit for all-around protection, Pull-Ups® Learning Designs® Training Pants help teach toddlers potty training and offer reliable protection where they need it most. Sides are stretchy for easy up and down like underwear to help kids learn how to put them on and take them off, plus the easy-open sides mean quick and easy changes when you need it.
- Cottonelle® FreshCare® Cleansing Wipes:
The Cottonelle® FreshCare® Cleansing Wipes are flushable wipes that break up upon flushing and are sewer- and septic-safe. Plus, they’re alcohol-free to ensure they’re gentle enough for your little one’s skin. Help your little one learn to clean without the worry of irritation. We like to bring these everywhere we go!
- Diaper Cream: My little one still gets a bit of a rash if he forgets to use the potty and so we like to keep this in his back pack for anytime an accident happens.
- Extra Clothing: Sometimes he still needs a change of clothing and especially boys can get a little messy while in the bathroom!
- Antibacterial Hand Wipes: We like to keep a few of these handy just in case there is no bathroom in sight!
- Plastic or Machine Washable Bag: This is for putting any soiled clothing into.
We bought our Pull-Ups® Training Pants and Cottonelle® FreshCare® Flushable Cleansing Cloths at our local Sam’s Club®. They had an awesome display of Pull-Ups® Training Pants and of course my little one LOVES Lightning McQueen! He was thrilled when he found out that the box also came with a back pack. He wears it proudly wherever we go. I love the savings I can get on Pull-Ups® Training Pants from Sam’s Club® and between 5/31/16 – 6/30/16 you can receive a $10 Sam’s Club® e-Gift Card if you purchase any two Pull-Ups® Training Pants and/or Cottonelle® FreshCare® Flushable Cleansing Cloths! That’s a lot of savings! Also visit the sweepstakes landing page where you can enter to win a $500 Sam’s Club® Gift Card just by sharing a family photo.
When working on potty training the best approach is to work with your child’s personality and not against it. I know this to be true with all my other kids too. My little potty trainer is such a fun loving guy and potty training should be fun for him too. I think the back pack and the fun Pull-Ups® Training Pants is the reason that he’s doing so well with it so far. It’s a process, but it’s a process that we are enjoying together. What would you include in your potty training back pack?