Monkey Bread was not something I grew up with. The first time I heard of it I really didn’t think I would like something called monkey bread. Why such a weird name? Well whatever the name it is amazing! It’s like a sticky bun, but in perfect little segments. This Buttered Rum Monkey Bread is the perfect Christmas treat! Serve it as dessert or for a Christmas breakfast! My little secret for making this easily is by using Rhodes™ White Dinner Rolls instead of making my own dough.
The basic recipe for Monkey Bread usually calls for dipping the dough in butter and then coating it with a mixture of brown sugar and cinnamon. This version uses a little rum extract to give it an extra special touch and then a butter rum glaze to drizzle on top! My family LOVED this!
- 24 Rhodes™ White Dinner Rolls
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. rum extract (2 tsp. for a more distinct taste)
- optional: ½ cup chopped pecans
- For glaze
- 1 tsp. butter flavor
- 1 tsp. rum extract
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- Set the Rhodes rolls out to thaw until soft (around 1 hour). Once they have thawed split each roll in half. I use kitchen shears to split them in half easily. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix brown sugar and cinnamon in a medium bowl and in a separate bowl mix rum extract with the butter. Dip each roll into the butter and then roll the roll in the brown sugar mixture. Place each roll into a bundt pan that's been greased or sprayed with cooking spray. Cover with a piece of plastic wrap that's been coated with cooking spray and let the rolls rise in the bundt pan until they double in size (2-3 hours). Bake at 350 for 30 to 35 minutes. (cover with foil the last 15 minutes). Immediately after removing from the oven, carefully release edges and center tube with a knife. Invert onto a serving plate.
- For the glaze:
- Combine everything in a medium sized bowl. You may need more milk to make it a pourable consistency. Drizzle glaze on the Monkey Bread and enjoy!
This is SO delicious! I hope you love it as much as we do! This is always great on Christmas morning! 🙂
Thanks for stopping by!