This 5 Minute Cream Spinach & Artichoke Rice Recipe has been compensated by Minute® Ready to Serve Rice. All thoughts and opinions are mine alone. #minutesnacks
I always knew I wanted to be a Stay at Home Mom. I am not sure that I ever considered anything else. I used to dream and plan what my daily routine would be like. I imagined that I would be cooking amazing hot meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner. That was before I actually had kids though! My mind sure changed as soon as I had my first child. Now 4 kids later and I know that I can’t live up to every perfectionist ideal that I had in my mind, but that is OKAY! I’ve learned to be flexible and when it comes to lunchtime I need easy and quick options on hand. One of my favorite easy lunchtime meal ideas is to take Minute® Ready to Serve Rice and make a fast recipe with it. This Creamy Spinach & Artichoke Rice is made in 5 minutes or less and tastes just like the creamy dip version… only lighter and perfect for a filling lunch!
Minute® Ready to Serve Rice is such a great option for busy moms. I have found that they are handy when one of my kids is going through a growth spurt and needs a wholesome snack idea. Or just for myself to snack on! I know that if I have the Minute® Ready to Serve Rice on hand I have a wholesome snack that is ready in 60 seconds.
5 MINUTE Creamy Spinach & Artichoke Rice!
- Minute® Ready to Serve Rice I used the Jasmine Rice variety
- 1/4 cup chopped canned artichoke hearts drained
- 1/4 cup thawed drained and squeezed of excess water frozen spinach
- 1 oz . 1/3 less fat cream cheese
- 2 heaping Tbsp. grated Parmesan Cheese
- a sprinkle of garlic and crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp . chopped tomatoes
- Add artichoke, spinach, cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, garlic and red pepper to a medium sized microwave safe bowl. Cook in microwave on high for 1 minute or until the cream cheese is fully melted and hot. Stir to combine and set mixture aside. Cook the Minute® Ready to Serve Rice according to the package directions and then add the rice to the spinach and artichoke mixture and stir. Lastly add the chopped tomatoes on top and enjoy!
My kids also love this easy lunch idea and now we eat it all the time. I love that my kids are getting their veggies this way!
I also love that Minute® Ready to Serve Rice is already perfectly portioned. Each bowl provides one serving of rice so I don’t have to measure it myself. I can just grab a bowl and know that I have the right portion. It’s also easy to take these whenever I need an easy lunch on the go. For those that work outside the home it’s perfect to have these on hand for office lunches too!
There are many varieties of the Minute® Ready to Serve Rice: Whole Grain options of Brown Rice, Brown & Wild Rice and Multi-Grain Medley, Jasmine Rice, White Rice, Chicken Rice Mix, Yellow Rice Mix, and Fried Rice Mix. The newest option, Minute® Ready to Serve Black Beans & Rice is ready in just 90 seconds. My family members each have their own favorite and I make sure to buy a variety on hand for last minute meal options. Learn more about the different varieties at http://www.minuterice.com/en-US/products/categories/29/ReadytoServeRice.aspx
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Minute® Ready to Serve Rice.